The Portland Art Museum is looking for interested educators to work with and advise the Portland Art Museum’s Education Department. Active educators from all subjects and grade levels are welcome. This core group of teachers will serve for a one year term for the 2013-2014 school-year. Participating educators will work closely with the Education department to:
1. Brainstorm and collaborate on the roles and goals of the teacher council in its pilot year
2. Work with Museum staff to create, vet, and plan teacher resources
3. Provide peer review, and constructive criticism on accessibility, educational content, and activities
4. Suggest opportunities, topics, speakers, and activities for professional development workshops
5. Act as ambassadors for the Museum by participating, sharing in promotion of student and teacher programs with colleagues and administrators, providing a network of support for Museum and teaching community
Selected members would be expected to attend at least 3 of the 4 meetings which will be held in the evenings through-out the school year and will be presented with a complementary family membership to the Museum.
Please submit a letter of interest or a nomination letter for a colleague to The School and Teacher Program Specialist, Danae Hutson, email@example.com by 5/24/13.